Research-Based Coaching Mastery
The growing body of coaching related research helps expand our knowledge of coaching and coaching mastery. For this reason, the IAC VOICE™ features relevant articles on Research-Based Coaching Mastery.
Here are some of the previous posts:
January 2013: Perceived Leadership Self-Efficacy and Coach Competence: Assessing a Coaching-Based Leadership Self-Efficacy Scale
- Perceived Leadership Self-Efficacy and Coach Competence: Assessing a Coaching-Based Leadership Self-Efficacy Scale by Frode Moen
- Discover whether the self-efficacy scale was validated, and to learn more about the self-efficacy and coach competence scales. Click here to read the article.
December 2012: Suggestive Techniques in Coaching
- Suggestive Techniques in Coaching by Andrew Armatas
- Discover how to use suggestions more skillfully. Click here to read the entire article.
July 2012: Strategies for Enhancing Performance Initiative: An interview with coaching researcher Deborah Bright
- Training combined with coaching can make a significant difference in job performance and satisfaction by Deborah Bright
- Discover the role of coaching in performance control and mitigating the negative effects of stress. Click here to read the entire article.
June 2012: Cross-Cultural Coaching: An interview with coaching researcher, Céline Rojon
- Cultural Orientations Framework (COF) assessment questionnaire in cross-cultural coaching: A cross-validation with Wave Focus Styles by Céline Rojon
- Discover more about working with coaching assessment tools like the COF, as well as factors to consider when engaging in cross-cultural coaching. Click here to read the entire article.
May 2012: Philosophical Coaching: An interview with coaching researcher, Joel Steinmetz
- Life Coach as Midwife: Reflections on a Socratic Metaphor by Joel Steinmetz (2012)
- Discover the similarities between what Socrates thought he was doing as a philosopher and what we hope to do as coaches. Click here to read the entire article.
March 2012: Coaching Adults with ADHD
- Efficacy of ADHD coaching for adults with ADHD by Joyce A. Kubick (2009).
- ADHD characteristics include “angry outbursts, difficulty completing tasks, difficulty doing tasks alone, easily distracted, difficulty listening attentively, recall, and difficulty sustaining attention” (p. 5). Click here to read the entire article.
[prev-next-button prev-url=”http://certifiedcoach.org/certification-and-development/coaching-research” next-url=”http://certifiedcoach.org/certification-and-development/business-tools-and-resources/” prev-title=”Coaching Research” next-title=”Business Tools and Research”]