Frequently Asked Questions
The Examiners score from when the session begins (after the coach states their information and waiver is agreed upon by the client), until the 30-45 minute mark. There are cases where the coach will request the Examiners to not begin scoring until a certain point (for instance, “please ask the Examiner to begin at the 12 minute mark of the recording”). In that case the 30-45 minutes begin from that point.
The requirement is that the coach demonstrates the 9 IAC Coaching Masteries® within 45 minutes, so a recording less than 45 minutes is acceptable.
First, make sure you have read and meet the guidelines. One powerful tool for self-evaluating your readiness is to record as many of your sessions as you can, and review them yourself. This is a great tool for your continual improvement. The Masteries notesheet, ebook, and feedback guide for scoring yourself will help you get more comfortable with assessing and improving your coaching.
Although the hallmark of the IAC® is honoring coaches for their unique approaches to learning, and recognizing that each coach comes to coaching with a variety of experiences, we do have a recommended path that can help all coaches grow and improve their coaching skills. The first step is to design a Masteries Professional Development Plan (MPDP) as a tool for planning and assessing your progress. Working with a MPDP Coach will help you clarify your path, and help you utilize the available resources to support and improve your coaching skill.
The written test is a great measure of how well a coach understands the theory and conceptual application of the Masteries. In a coaching session you demonstrate your ability to use and apply the Masteries.
- Carefully research mentors and schools. The IAC® does not check, assess or credential the methods or results from any of the Licensees.
- Consider testimonials and interview current and former students.
- Check that mentors or schools have a good understanding of the IAC Certification™ process, preferably through personal experience.
- Hire only official Licensees. It is illegal to use IAC Coaching Masteries® for commercial purposes without a license. All licensees are listed under Find a School or Mentor.
- Inquire about the trainers’ own coach training background and certification credentials.
- Ask for IAC Certification™ success rate.
- Be aware that IAC® Licensees are not permitted to assess whether coaching recordings you intend to submit for certification are likely to pass. Rather, they will teach you to understand the requirements of masterful coaching, offer you their own methods for evaluating and scoring recordings, and teach you to assess your own and others’ recordings.
- Outside support is neither necessary nor required to achieve IAC Certification™. However, support from IAC® licensed mentors, coach trainers or training schools, or participation in study groups is recommended to enhance your learning and increase your chances of success.
- The IAC® has a comprehensive and detailed scoring methodology for determining whether or not applicants’ recordings coaching session will pass. This methodology was tested for internal consistency prior to its application, and Examiners are thoroughly trained to ensure fair and consistent scoring.
- Two Examiners independently review each submission to score the coaching session.
- In the event of a difference in scores, the recording coaching session is reviewed by a third IAC Examiner.
- Renewal period: To be renewed every 5 years.
- Requirements: You need to be a current member of IAC and maintain your membership annually.
- Certification Renewal Fee: $150.
- Renewal period: To be renewed every 2 years, indefinitely (till the member chooses to do so).
- Current member of IAC
- MPDP Review as per current process
- Certification Renewal Fee: $50
- To renew your Certificate, you need to be a current member of IAC.
6) Process details: We will share the details shortly.