Learn the IAC Coaching Masteries® & Get Coach Training
Understanding the IAC Coaching Masteries and being able to apply them appropriately in a live coaching session can be best achieved through study, practice, self- and colleague-feedback, and integrating the Masteries into your life and business.
There are hundreds of coaching schools worldwide available to educate and train new coaches. Their offerings can range from a single weekend to 24-month programs. Some schools are industry-accredited or affiliated with coaching associations; some are not. Some programs teach general life coaching skills; others focus on a particular coaching niche or specialty. With all these choices, it’s challenging for beginning coaches to determine which school is the best fit.
To choose the coach training that’s right for you, look for a school or program that:
- has a curriculum based on proven and results-focused coaching principles
- upholds the high ethical standards expected from the coaching profession
- offers industry-accepted certification or other measurement to assure graduates have accomplished adequate learning and skills mastery from the program
- provides ample opportunity for students to practice and receive direct feedback on their coaching skills
- is facilitated by trainers who have demonstrated coaching mastery through their own education, certification and professional experience
- offers the opportunity to “test-drive” the program through a free orientation, curriculum outline, discussion with the trainer(s), and/or graduate references
While the IAC® does not and cannot endorse any particular coaching school or program, several coaching schools and mentors are licensed to use our IAC Coaching Masteries® as part of their curriculum and training methodology.
Learn more about Licensed Mentors/Schools.Search for IAC® licensed schools
Here are some additional factors to consider as you research coaching schools:
- Do you prefer in-person training or a virtual (teleclass/webinar) program?
- Do you want general coaching skills or more specialized training?
- What are the pre-qualifications for admission, if any?
- Does the class size align with your preferred learning style?
- What kind of ongoing or follow-up support does the program offer?
- Does the program teach marketing and business development in addition to coaching skills?
- What is the success rate of program graduates?
Listen to the interview with the Certifiers
Coach Nina East, MMC | Play
(total call length: 46:27)
Coach Karen Van Cleve, MMC | Play
(call stopped recording at 18:46)