When should you complete your Masteries Professional Development Plan?
- Whenever you would find the structure, accountability, and support of the MPDP process to be helpful to your continued growth and development as a professional coach.
- This is a mandatory step to begin your IAC Certification process.
- Professional development goals should be different every year, or be a clear continuation of progress on an existing path
- Professional development goals must show direct relationship to the 9 IAC Coaching Masteries®
Examples of activities for Masteries Professional Development Plan:
- Peer or co-coaching participation or Coaching Review (i.e., buddy coaching or triad sessions with other IAC members using a structured feedback process, working with a Mentor Coach, etc.)
- Broaden your knowledge of how the Masteries apply to your specific niche and style of coaching (Via self-evaluating recorded coaching sessions)
- Personal and professional growth options, honoring the work that coaches are already doing in the profession, for example:
- Attending coaching conferences/classes
- Coordinating IAC chapter events
- Volunteering for the IAC (or another coaching nonprofit)
- Writing articles for the VOICE or other publications
- Conducting coaching research
- Hosting a study group
- Mentor coaching
- Writing a White paper or Blog
- Analyzing interactions with characters in a movie and noting which Masteries are present and/or could be present.
- Sample Completed Masteries Professional Development Plan (.PDF format)
- Masteries Professional Development Plan Template (.doc format)
- Ejemplo de un Masteries Professional Development Plan (.PDF format- Spanish)
- Masteries Professional Development Plan Template (.doc format- Spanish)
Masteries Professional Development Plan Submission Process
Coaches interested in submitting a Masteries Professional Development Plan may download the Masteries Professional Development Plan Template (under Sample Document above) and email the completed document to: Certification@Certifiedcoach.org.
Once a completed MPDP is submitted, applicants will meet with an IAC MPDP Reviewer to ensure that they have a comprehensive understanding of how the IAC Masteries Professional Development Plan can support their learning.
IAC MPDP Reviewer will contact you via email to set up the call within two weeks of the IAC receiving your MPDP submission.
The overall MPDP process may take up to 6 weeks to complete.
The IAC’s objective is to encourage and support continued professional growth for coaches.