The IAC® Masteries Practitioner
Masteries Practitioner is the IAC®’s designation that addresses the evolving needs of coaches and the coaching profession. It is considered a learning designation and it demonstrates one’s commitment to practicing the 9 IAC Coaching Masteries® and integrating these high level coaching skills into their professional lives.
Although it can stand alone, having merit in its own right as a learning designation, it can also be celebrated as a stepping stone to Step 2 of coach certification where a coach has demonstrated masterful application of the 9 IAC Coaching Masteries® and earns the CMC (Certified Masteries Coach) or MMC (Master Masteries Coach) designation. A Masteries Practitioner, by contrast, is someone working to learn and embody the Masteries.
Why would a coach want this designation?
- This is a mandatory step to complete the certification process. It provides a visible designation that proves members are practicing to minimum standards.
- To publicly declare the coach’s standards for their coaching practice.
How does a coach earn the IAC® Masteries Practitioner Designation?
- Complete a Masteries Professional Development Plan.
- Achieve a passing score on Step 1 online test. A score of 70% is required to pass. You may also want to try the Practice Test.
Masteries Practitioner “package”
- If you are interested in getting certified, the first step is to get the Masteries Practitioner designation.
- IAC offers a Masteries Practitioner package at a special price of US $ 319. This Masteries Practitioner package offers an attractive savings of US $97. It includes:
- One Annual Membership (US $169)
- One On-line test (US$ 97)
- One Masteries Practitioner Development Plan (MPDP – US $150) and a conversation with an IAC MPDP Reviewer
- If you are an IAC member, you can still buy the Masteries Practitioner package and your IAC membership will be extended by one more year. Please ensure that you buy the membership with your email id that is registered with IAC.