The online exam is currently unavailable. We are in the process of changing platforms to make taking the exam a much better experience for you. We should have the new exam ready for you soon.
Online Test Instructions
PURPOSE OF THE TEST
- This test is designed to help you determine your readiness for Step Two of the certification process, or fulfill the test requirement for the IAC Practitioner option. This test will measure your understanding of coaching mastery as defined by the IAC®.
WHO CAN TAKE THE TEST:
- Any Registered IAC® Member with a unique ID number can complete Step 1, the online test. Purchase and register for Step 1 through your Member Dashboard.
- If your score is below 70% in your first attempt, you may retake the exam after 30 days.
DEGREE OF DIFFICULTY:
- We believe this certification test to be the most comprehensive online evaluation in our industry.
TIME REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE EXAM:
- While there is no time limit and the time it takes each person to complete the exam will vary widely, we suggest you set aside 4-5 hours where you can focus without interruption. You may want to do this in two or more sessions.
ONLINE EXAM: CONTENT:
- The exam is based on knowledge and demonstration of the 9 IAC Coaching Masteries™ and the IAC Code of Ethics.
- 100 questions in total
- Between 6 and 12 questions on each Mastery
- Up to 7 questions on ethics
- 16 questions on general coaching skills that apply to all Coaching Masteries
- Each exam is drawn from a pool of questions so exam questions will vary from person to person.
HOW THE ONLINE EXAM WORKS:
- This is an ONLINE exam.
- We encourage you to orient yourself to the exam style and content by trying the sample exam first (free).
- You are welcome to use any notes or written references to help you complete the exam.
- When you take the IAC Certification Exam – Part One, you can pause midway through the exam, and resume at a later time. You will need to complete the page you intend to pause, as the exam will save up to the last completed page. Your answers will be recorded as you proceed and the system will recall your answers if you log in at a later date to complete it. (See panel, top right)
- There is no time limit and the system does not track your time.
Log in to take the exam and then click on your name at the top of page. The link to the exam is under the text “Take the IAC Certification Exam” in the box. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for the exam to become available after you purchase it.