by Nina East
Interest in the IAC Coaching Masteries™ continues to grow…and with that interest comes great questions. Two of the questions the Certification Board hears the most are:
1. What are you really listening for when you listen to certification recordings?
2. What are the Certifiers noticing? Are there patterns? What are coaches getting and not getting? (OK, so that’s actually three questions – but they tend to come together, all at once.)
What those questions are telling us is that members are interested in “picking the brains” of the Certifiers – so we got three IAC Certifiers together and had them talk about the Masteries, certification, and what’s next for coaching.
This discussion, recorded for download, was part of the Great Minds Roundtable hosted by the Association of Personal Growth Professionals. The conversation was focused specifically on coaching and the IAC Coaching Masteries™. Very special thanks go out to Karen Van Cleve and Natalie Tucker Miller for participating in this conversation.
Here is a small sample of what you’ll hear from the Certifiers in the audio recording:
- what defines masterful coaching
- what keeps coaches from being masterful – with a list of examples
- how the masteries allow for a variety of coaching styles
- how transformation and sustainable change are different from behavioral change or getting a specific result
- when being a bit directive is actually masterful, and when it is not
- how to know what’s really going on in the coaching session – when trying not to have an agenda becomes an agenda in itself
- how to know when there are other levels to the conversation
- why a coach needs to understand themselves first
- how a coach’s fears and thoughts impact their coaching
- how to be aware of your level of expertise when studying for certification
Members, log in to access the recording and the juicy tidbits.
Remember, if you are an IAC member, you can download the Masteries eBook as one of your membership benefits. If you are not a member, you can still access some of the information about the masteries here.
Next month we will get back to discussing the Masteries one by one. Next on the list is Mastery #4 – Processing In The Present.
Nina East is the IAC’s Lead Certifier and the founder of PersonalGrowthProfessionals.com. As a coach, she helps personal growth professionals turn creative edge thinking into practical tools and resources, and helps coaches master the art of coaching. For even more insights about IAC Certification and the 9 Coaching Masteries™ listen to all Nina’s interviews at www.MyMentorCoach.com.
Please send your questions on the IAC Coaching Masteries™ and the certification process to email@example.com.