Benefits of joining the progressive IAC® coaching organization
Beyond the obvious benefits that come with being part of a community of leading and forward-thinking coaches, there are additional tangible and intangible benefits that come with membership.
This is a lengthy list of benefits, but it will never be complete. Members and Board of Governors Members are always in search of new, relevant resources, tools, and services that serve the membership.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR IAC® MEMBERSHIP
Access the Benefits Pack for IAC® members
Download the document and know the details of the benefits you enjoy in essential areas in your development as a coach:
Membership and Certification Certificates
- Be proud of your membership and certification! Membership and certification certificates can be obtained directly in your member dashboard (exclusive area for members).
For any additional support, you emailing your request to email@example.com Please include your membership number in your request.
The IAC® Logo – Branding NOW! Contents
- Access your official IAC member logo on your member dashboard, you can use it on your business cards, physical or digital, and enhance your personal and professional brand as a coach.
Include it into your own website, use it on business cards – as you wish. Instant branding!
The IAC® invests heavily in its global brand. As soon as you stamp the logo onto your own materials, all of that branding investment becomes yours!
Two levels of certification Contents
- The IAC® provides two levels of certification: IAC-Certified Coach™, and IAC-Master Coach™. Certification is based on expert evaluation of two recorded coaching sessions that are submitted by the applicant. The level of certification granted depends on the rating achieved in the evaluation.
Certification by the IAC® is rigorous. The applicant is advised to research the process, the requirements and undergo diligent preparation prior to submitting tapes for evaluation. Certification in other helping professions should not be construed as adequate preparation for IAC® coach certification without further preparation.
IAC-Masteries Practitioner™ Designation Contents
- IAC-Masteries Practitioner™ designation is an initiative aimed at providing recognition for members who have undergone significant development in coaching but have not yet completed the certification process.
An IAC-Masteries Practitioner™ has undergone a formally approved Development Plan aimed at developing coaching proficiency.
The Coaching Masteries ® – Defining Excellence
- The purpose of The Coaching Masteries ® is to provide the basis and standards for a truly independent certifying body, without allegiance to any coach training schools or organizations. Our goal is to create a vehicle for evaluating effective coaching in the moment. Specifically, the IAC® certification focuses on masterful coaching skills that are observable and can be measured by our certifiers during recorded, half-hour sessions with two different clients.
The Coaching Masteries ® were developed by an international team of coaches with the aim to produce clear standards and measures for what constitutes the highest level of coaching, and that can be understood in any culture around the world.
The Coaching Masteries ® is perhaps the most concise and valuable paper available on coaching excellence, and it’s free to IAC® members.
IAC® Chapters – Community, Networking, Local Support
- IAC® Chapters are a subset, though independent, organizations that are focused on serving members in particular geographical situations (a city or country) – or sometimes coaches with a certain need, such as those seeking coaching certification.
Our mission at IAC® is to inspire the on-going evolution and application of universal coaching standards. But this doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Coaching standards evolve and are applied by masterful coaches who meet with one another. Coaches who share client experiences, great ideas, lessons learned, and useful resources. Coaches collaborate with one another on new ways to raise the field of coaching to an even higher level of value, ethics, and professionalism.
To know more
IAC® Licensed Schools
- The Coaching Masteries ® Licensing program authorizes coach mentors who are IAC® members and coach training organizations with a current IAC® member representative to incorporate The Coaching Masteries ® into their commercial mentoring or training programs. With this access to the Masteries, Licensees can assist clients or students to become IAC® certified, and leverage IAC®’s rigorous certification process to further promote coaching excellence and professionalism.
Licensees are granted the title of The Coaching Masteries ® Authorized Licensee and receive a logo with an embedded link to a web page that explains what it means to be an Authorized Licensee. Licensees have a professional listing and link on IAC®’s web site, raising their visibility with potential clients and students. Our licensed schools and mentors are valued partners in the achievement of coaching mastery. However, because of the necessity of the certification process remaining completely independent of the training process, the IAC® is not in a position to endorse or accredit Licensees.
Find a Coach – Promoting YOU!
- The IAC® website has a special function that allows searches (by name, language, country) to locate coaches who are IAC members worldwide. This ability allows potential clients, or coaches who want to connect with others, to search and connect to strengthen and create knowledge networks.
Every member coach must keep their profile updated, accessing their member dashboard so that they can show complete and updated information within the directory.
‘Find a Coach’ is a valuable element for every coaching professional who wants to expand their networks, connect, make themselves visible on a recognized platform, and enhance their brand.
A Volunteer Culture – Networking and the Multiplier Effect
- The IAC® is primarily a volunteer organization. Every month, hundreds of hours of volunteer effort go into serving the membership. By working together in the spirit of serving one another, our clients and communities, each of us magnifies our individual efforts many times over.
Volunteering is a great way to network, work shoulder-to-shoulder with other professionals, gain experience in the world of coaching and even get access to information that is not commonly available. Volunteers serve in a wide variety of capacities including: Volunteer Coordinator, Social Media Coordinator and Member Survey Researcher. Even the members of our Board of Governors are volunteers.
We are a community of talents – we need you. Visit the link below and join the team!
To know more
Visit the IAC® Online
Stay current and get networked by joining us online on our website, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn!
- Facebook: @IACGlobalWorld
- Twitter: @IACGlobalWorld
- LinkedIn: International Association of Coaching (IAC)
- Instagram: @IACGlobalWorld
- The IAC® hosts, co-hosts and contributes to a variety of conferences every year, including the annual International Coaching Conference held at prime conference locations throughout the world. Members may receive registration discounts for some conferences.
Speakers are selected from leading experts in the coaching world. The conferences offer exceptional networking opportunities with other professionals and key clients.
The IAC® uses contemporary coaching research to support IAC® coaches to become models of coaching excellence. Several services are provided:
- IAC® members are provided with periodically, practical summaries of cutting-edge coaching research findings, ensuring that you keep abreast of the most recent research so that you keep your mastery current.
- The IAC® supports coaching researchers to generate and disseminate their research through the Coaching Research Community. The Coaching Research Community is hosted by the IAC® but is open to anyone who is currently engaging in coaching research, who has completed coaching research and any coaches who have completed a doctorate.
- Finally, the IAC® is working to make data collection for research purposes an integral part of its day-to-day processes and invites coaching researchers to submit their requests for support. Direct support may include:
- Promotion/participant recruitment support via the IAC® website
- Promotion/participant recruitment support via email
- Access to session recordings used in for IAC® certification
- Support from the IAC® research committee
- Free Masteries license.
I AM AN IAC® MEMBER, THERE IS MORE...
- These are some of the benefits that you enjoy by becoming an IAC® member.
Once you have joined the IAC®, you enjoy many more, such as: integrating exclusive training spaces, participating as a presenter, moderator, contributing articles and content to our IAC® VOICE magazine, connecting with top professionals level in different parts of the world, participating in the organization of social, local, global projects, in addition to being recognized as a Coach who makes active life in the global IAC® community.